Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fairfield...a whole lot of nothing.

In my last post, I showed ya'll Little City of the Rocks, well, that was on our way to Fairfield. See, we have a tower in Fairfield. So I'm expecting a town, kind of like Sun Valley. It's up in the mountains and not to far away from Sun Valley, and the name Fairfield- to me- makes me assume that it's a resort town...maybe for the rich. WELL, Dad said "I'm interested to see what you think of Fairfield." Right before we went around the bend on the mountain. 
All I had to say was... "Wow."




There is a whole lot of nothing.....Not even a main town, or a cluster of buildings...They have about the population size of Declo, and the land size of the Salt Lake Valley. That's how big the land was, and how few the people. Ok, ok, they had main street, with a like 5 buildings on it. No joke. I was so surprised. It's a happy little valley where the people live simple lives. 

For those who play Civ, It's not a city, or a town, or a village, it's a hamlet that has taken much longer than 10 turns to turn into something. The only road that was paved is the state highway and main street. That surprised me! Anyway, out of all the surprises this little town had for me, i will give them this. They have a great burger joint. 

Dad and I stopped in at the Wranglers there on Main Street. OMG. Best burger ever. Fell right apart in your mouth. Filled you up, major. And the onion rings...well lets just say the drive was worth the onion rings. Ya, that good. Well, we carb loaded and were on the road again to Boise! 



No comments:

Post a Comment