Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dad and I's Epic ADVENTURE! Little City of the Rocks

For my job, I have to send equipment up to Boise on a weekly basis. Dad and I almost always go together, and most weeks- we usually have ourselves an adventure. Well, on Wednesday we had a great adventure. I'm glad that on the spur of the moment, I grabbed my camera for the trip! 

Dad decided that we had enough time and that he'd take me through Fairfield on our way to Boise.(With intentions to "tower spot".) Well, before we hit Fairfield, we ran into Little City of the Rocks. I've never been to (the bigger) City of the Rocks. (Gasp, I know.) So, we drove up a nice dirt road, and low and behold....we had an adventure!


Wow! What the heck are those things? Yes, those are rocks in the oddest of formations. I sure do love to live in such a beautiful place. God has given us so many beautiful creations to enjoy. This is truly something spectacular to see. We may live in a desert, but as we drove, I realized that it would be weird to live in a place where lava rocks were non-existent, and yes- even the sage brush (which smells good after the rain.) 

Well, we continued our drive closer. 

That's a nice boulder. 

Well, we got closer and the road ended. Dad and I got out to explore. 

There was an old dam that was build by hand...who knows when. It was really neat to see.

We strayed from the car...maybe a tad bit. At least onto the other side of the dam

I had to include this picture because I liked the reflection in the water.


This was behind the dam, the road continued, but it was gated, so we couldn't pass. Dad said it use to be a reservoir. 


Without fail, when Dad and I go on adventures, I am always wearing practical footwear. On this adventure, I was sporting my brand new flats. 


Dad, taking the road back to the truck. 


Me and my Dad. :)




1 comment:

  1. That is a great picture of you and your Dad:) Your trip looks like it was fun, and I loved you pics of the kids, I'm going to try and copy them.

    ReplyDelete